Skip to main content

Guilty Until Proven Innocent? | Daily News | NCRegister.com

I absolutely agree that this is a major concern for priests. It is another example of our not being properly dealt with or respected by our Bishops! If they would actually have followed their own procedures instead of trying to cover up for actual predators, this would most likely not be an issue today. Alas they have historically been more concerned with protecting their own reputations and that of their diocese that they were about either the victims or their good priests.


It has effected how we minister. I will never allow myself to be in a situation when I am alone with any children, even for an instant. I insist on the children being brought to the church for confessions so that I can use the confessional rather than using a room at the school as a means of protecting myself from false allegations. Parishes everywhere have dropped their youth and child ministries because we cannot take the chance. I used to raise funds every year from friends so that I could take a busload of kids to an Ottawa Senators game. I stopped doing that five years ago as it was becoming too difficult to find chaperones to come with us.


It's a sad, sad situation... but it's not the faithful priests who are at fault. It's now squarely on the shoulders of our Bishops. This more than anything is what chill's me to the bone given their terrible record to date.

Guilty Until Proven Innocent? | Daily News | NCRegister.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Good will to all men? Not from the grumpy atheists! (Thank God not all atheists are grumpy but there sure seems to be a lot of them)

Why is it that so many in the atheist community cannot bring  themselves to get past their anger whenever they engage in discussions? The language of many of their contributions in public debate is laced with invective and dripping with sarcasm and bile. There are exceptions of course, but they tend to fall more into the category of being the 'exception that proves the rule' when compared to the hostility of many of today's atheist posters. Comment offered by the theists in the public square is often depicted as being 'malicious' or 'venomous' and intended to enslave the 'feeble minded and weak' by those who post. Nothing could be further from the truth. Venom is something that is oriented to death. Christians are oriented in a 180 degree different direction. We speak not to the culture of death  that grips our world but rather for the culture of life and light which ends with the gift of eternal life. For example, the Catholic Church in its hum...