Skip to main content

Off to Ottawa!

2011 Rally for Life on Parliament Hill
Friends: I'm about to board a bus to head to Ottawa to participate in today's National Pro-life demonstration on Parliament Hill. I ask your prayers for a safe trip and successful rally. I'll try to take some pictures and post here later tonight.


Thank you.


Fr. Tim

Comments

  1. Will do!! God bless for a safe journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trust you had a good day and home safely. I was in the area of Rideau and Wellington earlier today and was somewhat amazed at the number of young people who were carring signs and really ,as a group, all seemed very upbeat.That bodes well for our future but I have to agree that we'er a long way off from any laws being changed. After all it all started centuries ago and became a 'modern day' law in the 40's.We won that battle but I fear we lost the war.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Good will to all men? Not from the grumpy atheists! (Thank God not all atheists are grumpy but there sure seems to be a lot of them)

Why is it that so many in the atheist community cannot bring  themselves to get past their anger whenever they engage in discussions? The language of many of their contributions in public debate is laced with invective and dripping with sarcasm and bile. There are exceptions of course, but they tend to fall more into the category of being the 'exception that proves the rule' when compared to the hostility of many of today's atheist posters. Comment offered by the theists in the public square is often depicted as being 'malicious' or 'venomous' and intended to enslave the 'feeble minded and weak' by those who post. Nothing could be further from the truth. Venom is something that is oriented to death. Christians are oriented in a 180 degree different direction. We speak not to the culture of death  that grips our world but rather for the culture of life and light which ends with the gift of eternal life. For example, the Catholic Church in its hum...