Skip to main content

“I’m So Busy, I Met Myself Coming Back!” A Quick Reflection on the Week of A Priest | Archdiocese of Washington

Looks like a busy classmate from my diocese
This most recent column by Msgr. Charles Pope explains perfectly why I enjoy my cottage so much... especially during this summer season. Even though this was to be a week off for me during which I was to entertain a dear friend and classmate, Fr. Paul Conway (Sault Ste. Marie Diocese), I was detained in Mattawa for the start of the week to celebrate three funerals. Still I have been able to enjoy his company for the past two days (once I finally arrived) and I know he enjoyed the tranquil peace and quiet that the cottage offers when he was here alone.


Today we each depart. He begins his return to his parish in Elliot Lake, Ontario (where he's expected back for work on Monday). I'm heading straight back to Mattawa to take care of a wedding rehearsal tonight as well as the weekend celebrations. As we say amongst ourselves, "No use complaining. That's why we get paid the big bucks!" (grin)

“I’m So Busy, I Met Myself Coming Back!” A Quick Reflection on the Week of A Priest | Archdiocese of Washington

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

 

Canadian Euthanasia Information

The May 2010 Euthanasia Prevention Coalition Newsletter can now be found at: http://www.euthanasiaprevention.on.ca/Newsletters/Newsletter108(May2010)(RGB).pdf Bill C-384 was soundly defeated by a vote of 228 to 59. Check how the Members of Parliament voted at: http://www.euthanasiaprevention.on.ca/HowTheyVoted.pdf On June 5, 2010, we are co-hosting the US/Canda Push-Back Seminar at the Radisson Gateway Hotel at the Seattle/Tacoma Airport. The overwhelming defeat of Bill C-384 proved that we can Push-Back the euthanasia lobby in the US and Canada and convince people that euthanasia and assisted suicide are a dangerous public policy. Register for the Seminar at: http://www.euthanasiaprevention.on.ca/2010SeminarFlyer(RGB)(LetterFormat).pdf The Schindler family are being attacked by a Florida television station and Michael Schiavo. The Euthanasia Prevention Coalition is standing in solidarity with the Schindler family. My blog comments: http://alexschadenberg.blogspot.com/2010/05/att