Skip to main content

And now a statement from the 'other side' of the Medjugorje debate

Here is an article that offers a counter position to the Medjugorje story that preceded this one.  I have never been there. I have read very little about it. It is not a part of my Marian piety or practice. I have little or no opinion on the subject... and there's no shortage of opinion to be found on the subject.


I offer this because a gentleman emailed me with a concern about my posting the initial story from the UK Mail. I trust he will accept that this article portrays the other side of the argument well.


Fr. Tim

Comments

  1. I"m getting the same concern...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Fr Tim. You’re right in saying that there is no shortage of opinion about Medjugorje. Thank God the Holy See is also deliberating on the phenomenon with the Commission it set up a year ago. It’s a place that attracts many priests, and there are hundreds of priests and religious that have provided documentation to present to the Commission testifying to the vocation they received through Medjugorje. For the 30th celebrations last month (June 25) 282 priests concelebrated Mass that evening.

    By the way, I live in the U.K. and I can testify that the UK Daily Mail is not the best friend of the Catholic Church.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Good will to all men? Not from the grumpy atheists! (Thank God not all atheists are grumpy but there sure seems to be a lot of them)

Why is it that so many in the atheist community cannot bring  themselves to get past their anger whenever they engage in discussions? The language of many of their contributions in public debate is laced with invective and dripping with sarcasm and bile. There are exceptions of course, but they tend to fall more into the category of being the 'exception that proves the rule' when compared to the hostility of many of today's atheist posters. Comment offered by the theists in the public square is often depicted as being 'malicious' or 'venomous' and intended to enslave the 'feeble minded and weak' by those who post. Nothing could be further from the truth. Venom is something that is oriented to death. Christians are oriented in a 180 degree different direction. We speak not to the culture of death  that grips our world but rather for the culture of life and light which ends with the gift of eternal life. For example, the Catholic Church in its hum...