Good will to all men? Not from the grumpy atheists! (Thank God not all atheists are grumpy but there sure seems to be a lot of them)
Why is it that so many in the atheist community cannot bring themselves to get past their anger whenever they engage in discussions? The language of many of their contributions in public debate is laced with invective and dripping with sarcasm and bile. There are exceptions of course, but they tend to fall more into the category of being the 'exception that proves the rule' when compared to the hostility of many of today's atheist posters. Comment offered by the theists in the public square is often depicted as being 'malicious' or 'venomous' and intended to enslave the 'feeble minded and weak' by those who post. Nothing could be further from the truth. Venom is something that is oriented to death. Christians are oriented in a 180 degree different direction. We speak not to the culture of death that grips our world but rather for the culture of life and light which ends with the gift of eternal life. For example, the Catholic Church in its hum...
"It is the publicly stated intention of gay activists to secure passage of sexual orientation antidiscrimination laws first, such as ENDA, and then, after that necessary legal groundwork has been laid, to invoke the legal principle inherent in the antidiscrimination laws as a basis for same-sex 'marriage.' This approach has proven to work dramatically."
ReplyDeleteYes it has. And who would know that better than those folks who have themselves used it to further their own agendas to indoctrinate all children by pushing to have religious context in public schools (where, incidentally, it does not belong)? They introduced this weapon into the arena of public opinion, and now they want to have it withdrawn so their opponents can't use it? Fat. Chance.
It's a battle over who gets to own the individual and direct his thoughts and actions. I vote for myself. Anyone who disagrees with me is free not to be seen in my vicinity, but you may not restrict where I may go and what job I will do and who I will love and marry.
"President Barack Obama also lustily supports the bill's passage..."
"Lustily?" LOL! I gotta love the propensity for overblown hyperbole (and yes, I realize that that is close to redundant, but, considering the context, I think I'm in good company with it).