Skip to main content

When the Polish Dominicans Left Morningside Heights | First Things

I've had the opportunity to stay with these Dominicans when I would go to Manhattan. I always used to stay with Fr. R.J. Neuhaus (RIP) but after his death, these generous brothers offered me a place to stay whenever I came to town.


They have accomplished amazing things, both within their Parish and on the campus of Columbia University.


Although I will retain my connections to these good men (isn't the internet wonderful?), I grieve for the community they leave behind. They will be very hard to replace!

When the Polish Dominicans Left Morningside Heights | First Things

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Good will to all men? Not from the grumpy atheists! (Thank God not all atheists are grumpy but there sure seems to be a lot of them)

Why is it that so many in the atheist community cannot bring  themselves to get past their anger whenever they engage in discussions? The language of many of their contributions in public debate is laced with invective and dripping with sarcasm and bile. There are exceptions of course, but they tend to fall more into the category of being the 'exception that proves the rule' when compared to the hostility of many of today's atheist posters. Comment offered by the theists in the public square is often depicted as being 'malicious' or 'venomous' and intended to enslave the 'feeble minded and weak' by those who post. Nothing could be further from the truth. Venom is something that is oriented to death. Christians are oriented in a 180 degree different direction. We speak not to the culture of death  that grips our world but rather for the culture of life and light which ends with the gift of eternal life. For example, the Catholic Church in its hum...