Skip to main content

“Pope asks Bloggers to Give Internet a Soul” « CatholicVoteAction.org

“Pope asks Bloggers to Give Internet a Soul” « CatholicVoteAction.org

Comments

  1. Oh please.

    If the Internet can get a "soul," what's so special about them?

    Happy I am without one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lady Janus
    i have 2 questions i would like to ask u...the answer to both i recognize are absolutely none of my business...What do u think differentiates u from the dog or the cat? and what do u think happens to us when we die?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're not on Twitter, so would you mind canning the l33tsp34k, please?

    Other than the fact that we are different species, I have no idea what you mean by the first question and I won't care what "happens" after I die so I don't understand the point of the second question.

    What are you driving at?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful encouragement from the Holy Father. Giving the internet a soul! In this case,"soul" is used metaphorically, as that which gives sustenance and enlivens,transmitting good ideas to others. Ever hear of Soul Music?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cristina, as far as I'm concerned, until I understand precisely what is meant by the word as it pertains to me, "soul" is always used metaphorically. That does not mean that I understand -- or even like -- the metaphor. I'm not a fan of "soul music," ferinstance.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Good will to all men? Not from the grumpy atheists! (Thank God not all atheists are grumpy but there sure seems to be a lot of them)

Why is it that so many in the atheist community cannot bring  themselves to get past their anger whenever they engage in discussions? The language of many of their contributions in public debate is laced with invective and dripping with sarcasm and bile. There are exceptions of course, but they tend to fall more into the category of being the 'exception that proves the rule' when compared to the hostility of many of today's atheist posters. Comment offered by the theists in the public square is often depicted as being 'malicious' or 'venomous' and intended to enslave the 'feeble minded and weak' by those who post. Nothing could be further from the truth. Venom is something that is oriented to death. Christians are oriented in a 180 degree different direction. We speak not to the culture of death  that grips our world but rather for the culture of life and light which ends with the gift of eternal life. For example, the Catholic Church in its hum...