Skip to main content

What Every Catholic Needs to Know about witnessing your faith at work

What Every Catholic Needs to Know about witnessing your faith at work

Comments

  1. Religion is part of one's personal life and does NOT belong at work. It is entirely inappropriate to "witness."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm trying to imagine a work environment where nobody talks about their personal life. All you'd here are crickets by the water cooler.

    Cheers
    Paul

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paul, that would be perfectly okay with me. The last thing I want to hear when I'm looking for a drink of water is the details of someone else's digestive tract problems or the "cute" way the new infant painted his walls and himslef with his own feces or how somebody else "found god" when no one even realized he was lost.

    Work environment is not a social gathering.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Janus

    For YOU and your work environment that may be true though I find it hard to believe you'd never voice your personal opinions or beliefs to a coworker.
    Clearly for most people work is a big part of their social life and personal lives bubbled to the surface in conversation on a regular basis. These people become more than just a number to you, they become your friends. You'd hear talk of everything and things I would classify as far more personal in nature than ones religious beliefs. Heck my brother in law cuts hair for a living and people spill their guts about the most personal of subject matter as if he's their personal shrink. There are no rules on what you can talk about at work that I'm aware of and my own experience tells me theres no embargo on personal lives in the office.

    Cheers
    Paul

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why would I tell a mere coworker my most personal information? Mind you, I do realize that most people can't resist endlessly chattering and gossiping, so maybe I can understand your unbelief.

    Work is not for socializing. And no, my coworkers are not my friends. They are acquaintances, and we are polite, but we do not socialize on any level.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Good will to all men? Not from the grumpy atheists! (Thank God not all atheists are grumpy but there sure seems to be a lot of them)

Why is it that so many in the atheist community cannot bring  themselves to get past their anger whenever they engage in discussions? The language of many of their contributions in public debate is laced with invective and dripping with sarcasm and bile. There are exceptions of course, but they tend to fall more into the category of being the 'exception that proves the rule' when compared to the hostility of many of today's atheist posters. Comment offered by the theists in the public square is often depicted as being 'malicious' or 'venomous' and intended to enslave the 'feeble minded and weak' by those who post. Nothing could be further from the truth. Venom is something that is oriented to death. Christians are oriented in a 180 degree different direction. We speak not to the culture of death  that grips our world but rather for the culture of life and light which ends with the gift of eternal life. For example, the Catholic Church in its hum...