Good will to all men? Not from the grumpy atheists! (Thank God not all atheists are grumpy but there sure seems to be a lot of them)
Why is it that so many in the atheist community cannot bring themselves to get past their anger whenever they engage in discussions? The language of many of their contributions in public debate is laced with invective and dripping with sarcasm and bile. There are exceptions of course, but they tend to fall more into the category of being the 'exception that proves the rule' when compared to the hostility of many of today's atheist posters. Comment offered by the theists in the public square is often depicted as being 'malicious' or 'venomous' and intended to enslave the 'feeble minded and weak' by those who post. Nothing could be further from the truth. Venom is something that is oriented to death. Christians are oriented in a 180 degree different direction. We speak not to the culture of death that grips our world but rather for the culture of life and light which ends with the gift of eternal life. For example, the Catholic Church in its hum...
Sorry, but I am just thick. I read through the report looking for the statement (or data supporting the statement) that ‘involuntary euthanasia is rampant in Belgium’ but could not find it. I was hoping to use this information as evidence for arguing against the legalisation of assisted suicide in the UK. In that sense, I was disappointed not to be able to find the information. I would be grateful, therefore, if you could indicate where to find it in the report. (Just to make this absolutely clear: I am NOT a supporter of assisted suicide trying to find holes in your statement.)
ReplyDeleteThere is rarely documentation on Tim's blog.
ReplyDeleteHow is this different than Canada?
ReplyDelete