Skip to main content

An unexpected humorous grace you might appreciate

Here's a little joke of the priest/rabbi variety that I had not heard before... and believe me, I thought I'd heard them all... that might bring a smile to your face. Consider it a gift that reflects my appreciation of the graces of sitting alongside the tranquil Ottawa River on a beautiful late summer's evening. It was a gift for me.


A    Jewish Rabbi and a Catholic Priest met at the town's annual 4th of July    picnic. Old friends, they began their usual banter.

"This baked ham is  really delicious," the priest teased the rabbi. "You really ought to try it. I know it's against your religion, but I can't understand why such a wonderful food should be forbidden! You don't know what you're missing. You just haven't lived until you've tried Mrs. Hall's prized Virginia Baked Ham. Tell me,    Rabbi, when are you going to break down and try it?"

The rabbi looked at the priest with a big grin, and said, "I promise I'll have a taste one day... when we celebrate together at your wedding banquet!"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

 

Canadian Euthanasia Information

The May 2010 Euthanasia Prevention Coalition Newsletter can now be found at: http://www.euthanasiaprevention.on.ca/Newsletters/Newsletter108(May2010)(RGB).pdf Bill C-384 was soundly defeated by a vote of 228 to 59. Check how the Members of Parliament voted at: http://www.euthanasiaprevention.on.ca/HowTheyVoted.pdf On June 5, 2010, we are co-hosting the US/Canda Push-Back Seminar at the Radisson Gateway Hotel at the Seattle/Tacoma Airport. The overwhelming defeat of Bill C-384 proved that we can Push-Back the euthanasia lobby in the US and Canada and convince people that euthanasia and assisted suicide are a dangerous public policy. Register for the Seminar at: http://www.euthanasiaprevention.on.ca/2010SeminarFlyer(RGB)(LetterFormat).pdf The Schindler family are being attacked by a Florida television station and Michael Schiavo. The Euthanasia Prevention Coalition is standing in solidarity with the Schindler family. My blog comments: http://alexschadenberg.blogspot.com/2010/05/att