Granted, the humor below is something less than sophisticated, it still demonstrates the fruits of "thinking outside the box" vis a vis the great questions of the day. Maybe too, I'm still a little foggy after yesterdays celebrations, which went on to the wee hours of the morning, to discern in good taste...but it brought a smile to my face. I hope it does the same for you.
Jennifer, a manager at Wal-Mart, had the task of hiring someone to fill a job opening. After sorting through a stack of 20 resumes she found four people who were equally qualified. Jennifer decided to call the four in and ask them only one question. Their answer would determine which of them would get the job. The day came and as the four sat around the conference room table, Jennifer asked, 'What is the fastest thing you know of?' The first man replied, 'A THOUGHT.' It just pops into your head. There's no warning. 'That's very good' replied Jennifer.
'And, now you sir?', she asked the second man. 'Hmmm....let me see 'A blink! It comes and goes and you don't know that it ever happened... A BLINK is the fastest thing I know of.' 'Excellent!' said Jennifer. 'The blink of an eye, that's a very popular cliché for speed.'
She then turned to the third man, who was contemplating his reply..'Well, out at my dad's ranch, you step out of the house and on the wall there's a light switch.. When you flip that switch, way out across the pasture the light on the barn comes on in less than an instant. 'Yip, TURNING ON A LIGHT is the fastest thing I can think of'.
Jennifer was very impressed with the third answer and thought she had found her man. 'It 's hard to beat the speed of light,' she said.
Turning to BUBBA, the fourth and final man, Jennifer posed the same question. Old Bubba replied, 'After hearing the previous three answers, it's obvious to me that the fastest thing known is DIARRHEA.' 'WHAT!?' said Jennifer, stunned by the response.... 'Oh sure', said BUBBA. 'You see, the other day I wasn't feeling so good, and I ran for the bathroom, but before I could THINK, BLINK, or TURN ON THE LIGHT, it was already too late.'
BUBBA is now the new greeter at a Wal-Mart near you! You probably will think of this every time you enter a Wal-Mart from now on.
- American Papist Blog
- American Spectator
- Archbishop Tim Dolan's (NY) Blog
- Big Blue Wave
- Canadian Broadcasting Corporation (CBC News Site)
- Catholic Dialogue Blog
- Catholic Education Resource Center
- Catholic Exchange
- Catholic Heritage Website (Ireland)
- Catholic Insight
- Catholic News Agency
- Catholic Online
- Catholic Sensibility
- Catholic, and Loving It
- CTV News Site
- Ethics and Public Policy Center
- First Things
- Fr. Raymond De Souza - National Post Columnist
- Fr. Raymond deSouza personal blog
- Freethroughthought blog (excellent site)
- Friar Rick's Webblog
- Get Religion.org
- Global TV News Site
- Holy Post - National Post Religious Blog
- Inside Catholic Blog
- New Advent
- Pave the Way Foundation
- Priests for Life Canada Website
- ProLife Blog
- Roman Catholic Diocese of Pembroke
- Rosary for the Bishops
- Salt & Light TV - Canadian Catholic Television Website
- Sandro Magister
- Sane Conservatism
- SoCon (social conservative)
- Sylvia's Website: Canadian Clergy Sex Abuse Cases
- The Catholic Register
- The Hermeneutic of Continuity
- The National Post: Canada's National Daily
- The New Jesuit Review
- The New York Times Website
- Vox Nova
- What Does Prayer Really Say - Priest bolg
- Whispers in the Loggia
- ► 2020 (218)
- ► 2019 (1140)
- ► 2018 (1328)
- ► 2017 (1711)
- ► 2016 (2020)
- ► 2015 (2204)
- ► 2014 (2437)
- ► 2013 (1381)
- ► 2012 (1527)
- ► 2011 (1437)
- Catholics' ties to church tested by crisis
- Maureen Dowd (NYT) hurls more insult and abuse at...
- Check, recheck and triple check » GetReligion
- Catholic Culture : Latest Headlines : Pope has Can...
- Here's a new website that is devoting itself to pr...
- The Catholic Register - D&P, LifeSite rev up their...
- One of those 'inspirational messages' that float a...
- It's time to call in help to clean up the mess!
- George Weigel & Jay Scott Newman add more evidence...
- Frank Bruni puts scandals in perpective - We have ...
- Scoundrel Times: George Weigel addresses the dama...
- This is a 'major' demonstration?
- The Catholic Revolution... Thanks Cristina!
- IRREFUTABLE PROOF!! With great appreciation to Fr....
- Fr. Dwight Longenecker offers wisdom in dealing wi...
- New York Times tries to turn up the heat on the Ch...
- What's with the sleeping dog you ask?
- Need more proof that War has indeed begun in earne...
- Spaghetti Carbonara... a favorite of mine!
- The Pope and the Wisconsin sex abuse scandal: I sm...
- A Response to Christopher Hitchens' The Great Cath...
- Temporal Weapons that we should use in promotion o...
- Further evidence that the War is on in earnest!
- A CALL TO ARMS: War must be engaged with energy an...
- Over on the NP Holy Post blog, "robertbj" understo...
- Support the Pontiff with more than prayer
- TRUTH : Papal writings to the Irish Church - To p...
- TRUTH : Papal writings to the Irish Church - To...
- More evidence of media bias against the Pope - Tim...
- Pope Benedict's Letter to the Irish Church - put i...
- A reposting of what it means to be an "evangelical...
- Model for Canada to follow in addressing sex abuse...
- Happy St. Patrick's Day!!!
- A German Catholic asks: “If you get divorced and r...
- The Human Experience: Narrated in part by Fr. Ric...
- Not entirely theologically sound... but wise none ...
- New addition to the Cafeteria vending machine offe...
- A little 'artistic' fun
- Prayer Request
- Sympathectomy of the Soul: From Joe Carter (First ...
- Live Abortion on Social Media - Catholic Online
- In anticipation of St. Patrick's Day....
- For all those who claim that JPII and B16 have kil...
- Canada's hockey Olympic glory... told to the tune ...
- Sex Abuse Scandal touches Vatican itself
- Dutch bishop calls for sex abuse investigation | F...
- A moment of your time please for a personal request
- Martin poses a great question to be answered by a ...
- A little penguin humor to "break the ice"
- A FISH STORY worth telling... thanks to Martin!
- RJN addresses the issue of the role of religion in...
- New Edition of the New Jesuit Review
- Two great friends of mine, and of all the Catholic...
- A Failure of Leadership
- A MUST SEE for any Star Trek fan out there whose i...
- In response to todays Gallup Poll, I offer this re...
- 'Bubba' the new Walmart 'greeter' offers a wry bit...
- The horrendous cost of the sex abuse scandals: Vi...
- ▼ March (59)