From the Web Site: Voice of the Copts: http://voiceofthecopts.org/en
Update on Muslims celebrate Al- Adah fest by attacking Copts
16 November, 2010 06:39:00 PM AKI
A group of Islamic set fire to 10 houses belonging to Christians in a village approximately 500 kilometres south of Cairo,
less than a month after Al-Qaeda said it would target the northern African country's religious minority.
Local security forces said the assailants would have caused far more damage had they not been arrested.
Following an October attack on a Baghdad church that killed at least 58 people, Al-Qaeda said it would target Christians in the Middle East and northern Africa and singled out those in Egypt.
Attacks on Christians have increased despite announcements of support by Muslim leaders.
Coptic Christians make up around 10 percent of Egypt's population of 80 million.
Exposing the true face of Islam, Egyptian Muslims Celebrate Eid- ul-Adha (feast of the sacrifice) by burning and torching at least ten Christian homes and 65 shops in Southern Egypt. All this mayhem and carnage "over a rumour that a young Coptic Christian man and a Muslim girl were in a romantic relationship, said officials Tuesday".
In traditional Islamic style, the reaction is always extreme and disproportioned to the alleged transgression.
"Even falling in love, is subject to, and controlled by islam."
Only after the damage was done did Authorities step in and arrested only several people out of a mob exceeding 4000.
To prevent the murder of "Romeo and Juliet" ... "The security forces have also taken into custody the Christian man and Muslim girl that are at the centre of the controversy for investigation", that locals apparently caught together at night in the village cemetery. To leave the two behind would have resulted in their murder, stating with the honour killing of the girl for the "shame" she has brought on the family name, her life will never be the same again, and will remain the subject of ridicule and harassment if she remains in that village
The world is slowly becoming aware of the struggle and plight of the Copts that has endured for over 1400 years. The increasing violence towards the copts has resulted in an increasing number of frightened Christians moving into all-Christian neighbourhoods and attending schools run by the church. The islamists are effectively winning by forcing the copts into self imposed isolation and segregation from main stream egyptian community. The separation is the only means of protection the copts have to the increasing intolerance and persecution against the copts, the indigenous natives of egypt by Muslim extremist groups.
In January 2010, a group of gunmen in several cars opened fire on Christians exiting a church in the Southern Egyptian town of Nag Hammadi on Christmas Eve . The drive-by shooting incident left six people dead and another nine injured. Among those reportedly killed were a young man and his fiancé and a 14-year-old boy. Local sources say the gunmen wanted to kill Bishop Kirollos of the Nag Hammadi Diocese, who had publicly defended Coptic Christians after a Muslim riot last November.
Previously, a riot took place in November 2009 due to the allegation that a Christian young man had raped a young Muslim girl. Coptic Christians, however, asserted that the story was fabricated in order for Muslims to justify their attack, security forces found no evidence to support the fabrication.
This time around the riot reportedly left 65 shops destroyed and caused over $1 million in damage (6 million egyptian pounds). In the town of Farshoot alone, about 80 percent of Coptic businesses were destroyed.
Coptic Christians are regarded as second class citizens in egypt where general inequalities when it comes to education, economic opportunities, and government positions is the norm.
Human rights groups say attacks on Copts are on the rise, underscoring the government's failure to address chronic sectarian strains in a society where Islamic religious radicalism is gaining ground.
The Apostle Saint Mark founded the Coptic Church in the 1st century when he brought Christianity to Egypt.
Then Muslims brought Islam to Egypt in the 7th century. After several centuries of forced conversion, Egypt now has a Muslim majority. Christians make up 10 percent of Egypt’s population while Muslims make up the remaining portion.
Muslim leaders daily remind us that islam is a religion of Peace. Even Obama on his "defacto Hajj to Indonesia" attests to this great religion. It is clear their islamic brothers in islamic nations totally disagree with them.
Imagine the outcry by the muslims residing in western countries if they were treated in the exact same manner!!!!
The Hypocrisy, double standards and utter confusion as to what islam represents is reprehensible.
In the west we are sold one brand of Islam, at the same time we witness that "ISLAM IN ACTION" in Islamic countries totally contradicts the carefully articulated sales pitch we are sold. I think you would all agree "Actions speak infinitely louder than words"
It is time to hold a royal commission into islam, shariah, koran, and stop the deception and double dutch. Westerns must demand their rights and have a set of established ground rules to control and regulate the impacts of islam on western society. The facts are Islam is totally incompatible with western countries and democracy, and they are opposed to it.
The world must realise, there is not one muslim Land, state, country, that has peace and has not bred terrorists or enjoys true democracy. Wake up world, and have a good look at all islamic nations, Is that what you want for your future generations?, do not repeat the mistake of Egypt.
- American Papist Blog
- American Spectator
- Archbishop Tim Dolan's (NY) Blog
- Big Blue Wave
- Canadian Broadcasting Corporation (CBC News Site)
- Catholic Dialogue Blog
- Catholic Education Resource Center
- Catholic Exchange
- Catholic Heritage Website (Ireland)
- Catholic Insight
- Catholic News Agency
- Catholic Online
- Catholic Sensibility
- Catholic, and Loving It
- CTV News Site
- Ethics and Public Policy Center
- First Things
- Fr. Raymond De Souza - National Post Columnist
- Fr. Raymond deSouza personal blog
- Freethroughthought blog (excellent site)
- Friar Rick's Webblog
- Get Religion.org
- Global TV News Site
- Holy Post - National Post Religious Blog
- Inside Catholic Blog
- New Advent
- Pave the Way Foundation
- Priests for Life Canada Website
- ProLife Blog
- Roman Catholic Diocese of Pembroke
- Rosary for the Bishops
- Salt & Light TV - Canadian Catholic Television Website
- Sandro Magister
- Sane Conservatism
- SoCon (social conservative)
- Sylvia's Website: Canadian Clergy Sex Abuse Cases
- The Catholic Register
- The Hermeneutic of Continuity
- The National Post: Canada's National Daily
- The New Jesuit Review
- The New York Times Website
- Vox Nova
- What Does Prayer Really Say - Priest bolg
- Whispers in the Loggia
- ► 2016 (2020)
- ► 2015 (2204)
- ► 2014 (2437)
- ► 2013 (1381)
- ► 2012 (1527)
- ► 2011 (1437)
- Scientists find way to reverse aging in mice - CTV...
- The Way of the Fathers » Eusebius Vindicated?
- From the Web Site: Voice of the Copts: http://vo...
- Freedom Through Truth: Addition By Subtraction
- Egyptian Coptic Christians are targets of Muslim e...
- The blog is intended to be a place where all voice...
- U.S. Orders Vast Review of Bioethics - NYTimes.com...
- An except from 1972 CBC series 'Man Alive' that de...
- Lively debate among Catholics interpreting pope’s ...
- Deflating the NYT Condom Scoop - George Weigel - N...
- I need prayers!
- Antimatter atoms captured for the very first time ...
- A request for your prayers
- When Reporting on the Catholic Church, Media Can't...
- Catholic Church struggles to deal with disciplined...
- AWESOME VIDEO!! The miracle of conception
- Co-Workers in the Truth
- Wonderful ad on Vancouver bus
- CBC News - Technology & Science - Dark matter hunt...
- How high will gold go? There are some scary vision...
- Pat Buchanan: Christianity being murdered in its c...
- Why the Roman Collar?
- MacIntyre on Money « The American Catholic
- Muslim group burns poppies on Remembrance Day - Wo...
- Muslim demonstration inside cathedral was not offe...
- A question for your consideration
- In culture of confusion, Church the only reliable ...
- Elections Do Matter Especially Among Bishops | Blo...
- Christians targeted in violence in Baghdad - Inter...
- Pope Benedict has not called cardinals to an emerg...
- Radical Amazement: Dancing with God & Einstein
- The Body Doesn’t Lie, But Modern Culture Does | Ar...
- Pope summons cardinals over abuse: Vatican
- “The New Evangelization”? « The American Catholic
- A real shot in the arm -- a holistic and holy appr...
- Pope urges Spain to shun secularism - CNN.com
- You Can’t Have it All – A Meditation on Simplicity...
- 34 warships to accompany president at Mumbai visit...
- A tournament of atheists, then and now - The Globe...
- God and Evolution: A New Proposal - ABC Religion &...
- Comet Hartley 2 : A giant peanut in the sky!
- How John Locke Influenced Catholic Social Teaching...
- Are we ready to die with dignity? - The Globe and ...
- NASA spacecraft to get rare up-close view of comet...
- N.S. couple gives away $11M in lottery winnings - ...
- Canadians Worry about Vulnerable People if Euthana...
- Mullahs happily walk through doors Canadian femini...
- Al-Qaeda of Iraq Calls Pope 'Hallucinating Tyrant ...
- Catholics to learn new wording for Mass – CNN Beli...
- The costs to victims of suing for compensation in ...
- Cannon condemns planned execution in Iran - CTV Ne...
- Inquiry called into abortion policy in N.B.
- Nouriel Roubini (who predicted the crash of the Am...
- Abortion advocates disabuse science as relevant to...
- Mohammed is UK’s most popular baby name
- A look at the coverage on the 'liberal gene' story...
- Obama Administration Threatens Independence of Cat...
- ▼ November (57)