Skip to main content

Homosexual Rainbow Sash Movement Threatens to Disrupt Pentecost Mass, Confront Cardinal George - U.S. News - Catholic Online

Such an act is supposed to be illegal, at least in Ontario. I wonder if 'disrupting a religious service' is an offense in the city that gave John Daley to the nation? If there's anyplace in the US that would invest such powers to the police, it is likely that it would be there.

Homosexual Rainbow Sash Movement Threatens to Disrupt Pentecost Mass, Confront Cardinal George - U.S. News - Catholic Online

Comments

  1. Pursuant to section 176, subsections 1, 2, and 3 of the Criminal Code, disrupting a religious service is a crime in Canada.

    The kicker is: how does one define "disrupt?"

    You might find this interesting reading: http://csc.lexum.umontreal.ca/en/1985/1985scr1-106/1985scr1-106.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you heard of any plans for this to happen in Canada?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie: I have not heard of any such demonstrations in Canada (thank God), but these things seem to follow in trends so I will not be surprised when it does happen here.

    Welcome to the blog!! I hope you'll consider following it on a regular basis.

    Fr. Tim

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will, Fr Tim. My husband and I know your territory pretty well, I was raised in Sudbury, we lived in Ottawa for ten years, and spent many summers in the rural countryside around Algonquin Park. Plus my many years of visiting Madonna House in Combermere, brother lives there, and daughter with family in Barry's Bay.
    So you are like a visit back home.
    I live now in Halifax, but still miss Ontario summers.
    Julie
    http://www.concernedforlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Good will to all men? Not from the grumpy atheists! (Thank God not all atheists are grumpy but there sure seems to be a lot of them)

Why is it that so many in the atheist community cannot bring  themselves to get past their anger whenever they engage in discussions? The language of many of their contributions in public debate is laced with invective and dripping with sarcasm and bile. There are exceptions of course, but they tend to fall more into the category of being the 'exception that proves the rule' when compared to the hostility of many of today's atheist posters. Comment offered by the theists in the public square is often depicted as being 'malicious' or 'venomous' and intended to enslave the 'feeble minded and weak' by those who post. Nothing could be further from the truth. Venom is something that is oriented to death. Christians are oriented in a 180 degree different direction. We speak not to the culture of death  that grips our world but rather for the culture of life and light which ends with the gift of eternal life. For example, the Catholic Church in its hum...