With H/T to my friends, Carol & Vic J from Mattawa! You should listen someday to their story, if I could convince them to launch their own blog. Being people of such very good heart and character, any thoughts they would share on the subject of their choosing, would be of benefit of others.
This is one of the best explanations of why God allows pain and suffering that I have seen...
A man went to a barbershop to have his hair cut and his beard trimmed. As the barber began to work, they began to have a good conversation. They talked about so many things and various subjects.
When they eventually touched on the subject of God, the barber said: 'I don't believe that God exists.'
'Why do you say that?' asked the customer. 'Well, you just have to go out in the street to realize that God doesn't exist. Tell me, if God exists, would there be so many sick people? Would there be abandoned children? If God existed, there would be neither suffering nor pain! I can't imagine a loving God who would allow all of these things.'
The customer thought for a moment, but didn't respond because he didn't want to start an argument..
The barber finished his job and the customer left the shop..
Just after he left the barbershop, he saw a man in the street with long, stringy, dirty hair and an untrimmed beard. He looked dirty and unkempt. The customer turned back and entered the barber shop again and he said to the barber: 'You know what? Barbers do not exist..'
'How can you say that?' asked the surprised barber. 'I am here, and I am a barber.. And I just worked on you!'
'No!' the customer exclaimed. 'Barbers don't exist because if they did, there would be no people with dirty long hair and untrimmed beards, like that man outside.'
'Ah, but barbers DO exist! That's what happens when people do not come to me.' 'Exactly!' affirmed the customer. 'That's the point! God, too, DOES exist! That's what happens when people do not go to Him and don't look to Him for help..
That's why there's so much pain and suffering in the world.'
BE BLESSED & BE A BLESSING TO OTHERS!!!!!!!
I hope you share it with everyone!
I just did!
- American Papist Blog
- American Spectator
- Archbishop Tim Dolan's (NY) Blog
- Big Blue Wave
- Canadian Broadcasting Corporation (CBC News Site)
- Catholic Dialogue Blog
- Catholic Education Resource Center
- Catholic Exchange
- Catholic Heritage Website (Ireland)
- Catholic Insight
- Catholic News Agency
- Catholic Online
- Catholic Sensibility
- Catholic, and Loving It
- CTV News Site
- Ethics and Public Policy Center
- First Things
- Fr. Raymond De Souza - National Post Columnist
- Fr. Raymond deSouza personal blog
- Freethroughthought blog (excellent site)
- Friar Rick's Webblog
- Get Religion.org
- Global TV News Site
- Holy Post - National Post Religious Blog
- Inside Catholic Blog
- New Advent
- Pave the Way Foundation
- Priests for Life Canada Website
- ProLife Blog
- Roman Catholic Diocese of Pembroke
- Rosary for the Bishops
- Salt & Light TV - Canadian Catholic Television Website
- Sandro Magister
- Sane Conservatism
- SoCon (social conservative)
- Sylvia's Website: Canadian Clergy Sex Abuse Cases
- The Catholic Register
- The Hermeneutic of Continuity
- The National Post: Canada's National Daily
- The New Jesuit Review
- The New York Times Website
- Vox Nova
- What Does Prayer Really Say - Priest bolg
- Whispers in the Loggia
- ► 2017 (1529)
- ► 2016 (2020)
- ► 2015 (2204)
- ► 2014 (2437)
- ► 2013 (1381)
- ► 2012 (1527)
- ► 2011 (1437)
- What have the Olympics revealed about God & Countr...
- ALL TIME OLYMPIC GOLD MEDAL CHAMPIONS... A RULERS ...
- Vatican Video for priest... Alter christus Part O...
- Vatican Video for priests Alter Christus Part Tw...
- Vatican video for priests Alter Christus Part Thr...
- GO CANADA GO!!!!!
- An abrieviated version of an old chestnut
- Why should the state pay for an elective medical p...
- Archaeological dig uncovers support for biblical a...
- Tom Brokaw explains Canada to Americans
- American Health Care Solution?
- Cristina joins the conversation (what can we discu...
- Some perspective for those who are concerned with ...
- A classic, updated for we aging "boomers"
- Freyr helps open an investigation of that place wi...
- A little humor at the end of a busy day... with h/...
- Ordinary Hero's - excellent reflection on grace in...
- Canadian strikes REAL GOLD!!
- Lent is a BUSY time for priests!
- We Are the World - for Haiti
- Why I maintain this blog: A reflection and some t...
- The question of ANH (Artificial Nutrition and Hydr...
- A father-in-law's heartfelt tribute upon the death...
- The Myth of over population presented in a 2 minut...
- With Thanks to "Vic & Carol" who passed this along...
- Church Teaching on homosexuality: Wisdom or Bigotr...
- Bringing a comment discussion to the floor for con...
- How to act at a time of death
- HOW COULD GOD ALLOW THE TRAGEDY IN HAITI?
- Happy St. Valentine's Day
- Sisters of Life in Toronto
- Chesterton quote (Freyr: Thanks for the correcti...
- Snowmaggeddon Part II
- The Holy Post
- Consistory on the way?
- The good that the Church does
- Time Lapse movie of Snowmaggeddon!! Cool!!
- Planned Parenthood's Polluted Progenitor - from th...
- LAST Nightime Shuttle launch... spectacular!
- Clearly this man is NOT a Canadian.
- As if this family has suffered enough.... more on ...
- Best & Worst Super Bowl Ads - Learning what works ...
- Dr. Robert Charles Susil, M.D., Ph.D ,, R.I.P.
- A "Silent Scream"
- Dr. Rob Susil - prayers are now more desperately n...
- Does Plato hold the wisdom to help Tiger Woods get...
- Can a Christian vote for the Liberal Party of Cana...
- Canadian Groundhogs KNOW winter! They've got the r...
- A Super Bowl thought from a MAN'S perspective
- ▼ February (49)