The leader of the Canadian Liberal Party has strongly come out in favor of a woman's right to have a government funded abortion for no other reason than she would want to have one. In this article in the National Post, he claims that he does not want to see women die at the hands of back street abortionists (as if somehow pro-life advocates would want such a horrid fate for anyone!).
Michael Ignatieff's challenge to the Conservative Party leader (Prime Minister Stephen Harper) to state clearly his support for unlimited abortion services is little more than a cynical ploy trying to paint the (nominally) pro-life Prime Minister as some sort of fundamentalist extremist.
Leaving aside for one moment the flawed logic of Ignatieff's argument (dead women - bad; dead babies - good), clearly no one of any political persuasion is supporting unsafe medical procedures at the hands of unqualified professionals. To try to label the pro-life camp in such a light is an intellectually dishonest attempt on the part of this alleged academic genius for his own political and personal gain. He should not be allowed to get away with misusing human rights in such a sexist and perverse manner.
If and when the next election comes around, it will be important for Christian's of all stripes to point out that the Liberal Party apparently not only stands for the wholesale slaughter of pre-born children, but is also willing to cynically use womens health issues as a political club to attain their own ends.
It is now as clear as can be: Liberal Party of Canada desires to kill pre-born children (and the aged as evidenced by their stand on euthanasia). To vote in support of such a party is almost tantamount to material cooperation with evil and is something that a Christian should do with great hesitation and the gravest of concerns, lest they endanger their own soul with their vote. We all will have to stand before Jesus as our Lord & judge at the end of our life. Those who support pro-death parties like the Liberal Party of Canada should expect the millions of souls killed at the hands of abortionists and doctors practicing euthanasia to give evidence of their unworthiness to be granted entry into eternal paradise.
Something to consider whenever the next election rolls around. Something that Michael Ignatieff should consider as well before he continues down his own path to spiritual (and probably... hopefully political) oblivion.
- American Papist Blog
- American Spectator
- Archbishop Tim Dolan's (NY) Blog
- Big Blue Wave
- Canadian Broadcasting Corporation (CBC News Site)
- Catholic Dialogue Blog
- Catholic Education Resource Center
- Catholic Exchange
- Catholic Heritage Website (Ireland)
- Catholic Insight
- Catholic News Agency
- Catholic Online
- Catholic Sensibility
- Catholic, and Loving It
- CTV News Site
- Ethics and Public Policy Center
- First Things
- Fr. Raymond De Souza - National Post Columnist
- Fr. Raymond deSouza personal blog
- Freethroughthought blog (excellent site)
- Friar Rick's Webblog
- Get Religion.org
- Global TV News Site
- Holy Post - National Post Religious Blog
- Inside Catholic Blog
- New Advent
- Pave the Way Foundation
- Priests for Life Canada Website
- ProLife Blog
- Roman Catholic Diocese of Pembroke
- Rosary for the Bishops
- Salt & Light TV - Canadian Catholic Television Website
- Sandro Magister
- Sane Conservatism
- SoCon (social conservative)
- Sylvia's Website: Canadian Clergy Sex Abuse Cases
- The Catholic Register
- The Hermeneutic of Continuity
- The National Post: Canada's National Daily
- The New Jesuit Review
- The New York Times Website
- Vox Nova
- What Does Prayer Really Say - Priest bolg
- Whispers in the Loggia
- ► 2016 (1844)
- ► 2015 (2204)
- ► 2014 (2437)
- ► 2013 (1381)
- ► 2012 (1527)
- ► 2011 (1437)
- What have the Olympics revealed about God & Countr...
- ALL TIME OLYMPIC GOLD MEDAL CHAMPIONS... A RULERS ...
- Vatican Video for priest... Alter christus Part O...
- Vatican Video for priests Alter Christus Part Tw...
- Vatican video for priests Alter Christus Part Thr...
- GO CANADA GO!!!!!
- An abrieviated version of an old chestnut
- Why should the state pay for an elective medical p...
- Archaeological dig uncovers support for biblical a...
- Tom Brokaw explains Canada to Americans
- American Health Care Solution?
- Cristina joins the conversation (what can we discu...
- Some perspective for those who are concerned with ...
- A classic, updated for we aging "boomers"
- Freyr helps open an investigation of that place wi...
- A little humor at the end of a busy day... with h/...
- Ordinary Hero's - excellent reflection on grace in...
- Canadian strikes REAL GOLD!!
- Lent is a BUSY time for priests!
- We Are the World - for Haiti
- Why I maintain this blog: A reflection and some t...
- The question of ANH (Artificial Nutrition and Hydr...
- A father-in-law's heartfelt tribute upon the death...
- The Myth of over population presented in a 2 minut...
- With Thanks to "Vic & Carol" who passed this along...
- Church Teaching on homosexuality: Wisdom or Bigotr...
- Bringing a comment discussion to the floor for con...
- How to act at a time of death
- HOW COULD GOD ALLOW THE TRAGEDY IN HAITI?
- Happy St. Valentine's Day
- Sisters of Life in Toronto
- Chesterton quote (Freyr: Thanks for the correcti...
- Snowmaggeddon Part II
- The Holy Post
- Consistory on the way?
- The good that the Church does
- Time Lapse movie of Snowmaggeddon!! Cool!!
- Planned Parenthood's Polluted Progenitor - from th...
- LAST Nightime Shuttle launch... spectacular!
- Clearly this man is NOT a Canadian.
- As if this family has suffered enough.... more on ...
- Best & Worst Super Bowl Ads - Learning what works ...
- Dr. Robert Charles Susil, M.D., Ph.D ,, R.I.P.
- A "Silent Scream"
- Dr. Rob Susil - prayers are now more desperately n...
- Does Plato hold the wisdom to help Tiger Woods get...
- Can a Christian vote for the Liberal Party of Cana...
- Canadian Groundhogs KNOW winter! They've got the r...
- A Super Bowl thought from a MAN'S perspective
- ▼ February (49)