Mattawa is a small town located in North Eastern Ontario, nestled along side the Ottawa and Mattawa Rivers. Of late, it has been a town plagued with the same issues of most small one industry towns which sprang up and nurtured throughout its' 100 years by the forestry industry: closed mills, high employment, families suffering through seperations of one parent or the other moving to different regions of the country to find work.
Happily today I can post a bit of pleasant news from our town: the football team from our local High School, F.J. McElligott Secondary School has captured a local regional football championship, winning in an exciting victory over a team from the much larger schools from the City of North Bay, Ontario.
What makes this story of even greater joy for the locals is that this is the first time in over 40 years that "FJ" even fielded a team!
Congratulations to the victorious "Voyageurs"! You have Mattawa PROUD!!!
- American Papist Blog
- American Spectator
- Archbishop Tim Dolan's (NY) Blog
- Big Blue Wave
- Canadian Broadcasting Corporation (CBC News Site)
- Catholic Dialogue Blog
- Catholic Education Resource Center
- Catholic Exchange
- Catholic Heritage Website (Ireland)
- Catholic Insight
- Catholic News Agency
- Catholic Online
- Catholic Sensibility
- Catholic, and Loving It
- CTV News Site
- Ethics and Public Policy Center
- First Things
- Fr. Raymond De Souza - National Post Columnist
- Fr. Raymond deSouza personal blog
- Freethroughthought blog (excellent site)
- Friar Rick's Webblog
- Get Religion.org
- Global TV News Site
- Holy Post - National Post Religious Blog
- Inside Catholic Blog
- New Advent
- Pave the Way Foundation
- Priests for Life Canada Website
- ProLife Blog
- Roman Catholic Diocese of Pembroke
- Rosary for the Bishops
- Salt & Light TV - Canadian Catholic Television Website
- Sandro Magister
- Sane Conservatism
- SoCon (social conservative)
- Sylvia's Website: Canadian Clergy Sex Abuse Cases
- The Catholic Register
- The Hermeneutic of Continuity
- The National Post: Canada's National Daily
- The New Jesuit Review
- The New York Times Website
- Vox Nova
- What Does Prayer Really Say - Priest bolg
- Whispers in the Loggia
- ► 2019 (953)
- ► 2018 (1328)
- ► 2017 (1711)
- ► 2016 (2020)
- ► 2015 (2204)
- ► 2014 (2437)
- ► 2013 (1381)
- ► 2012 (1527)
- ► 2011 (1437)
- ► 2010 (997)
- Gay man sues Bible publisher for $10 Million
- Canadians have a "right" to health care? Apparent...
- Halloween is NOT condemned by the Vatican
- A proposed discussion
- Reformation Day: An insightful take on Martin Lut...
- Some "home town parish" bragging
- An archive of writings from Bishop Frederick Henry...
- Next Generation of Catholic Leaders
- Archbishop Thomas Collins (Toronto) speaks on the ...
- What is "Evangelical" Catholicism?
- Archbishop Dolan confronts the issue of anti-Catho...
- The ongoing cost of the sex abuse scandals to the ...
- "Beauty" is only skin deep, but at what price.
- Holy See calls for Catholics, clerics and lay alik...
- Archbishop Timothy Dolan (New York) joins the blog...
- Archbishop Currie (St. John's NFLD) writes about t...
- Statistics on sexual abuse by priests, ministers a...
- Monogamy under attack?
- Video of Bishops addressing current issues
- Archbishop Dolan to imitate Cardinal O’Connor, Arc...
- Randy Cohen (New York Times) comments on media cov...
- Excellent blogsite for Canadian/Catholic and Proli...
- Bishop Paul-Andre Durocher addresses the Lahey Sca...
- Charles Lewis (National Post) addresses Maureen Do...
- Canadian Euthanasia Debate
- Can Clergy Sex Abuse Offenders be Helped?
- Conscience, Courage, and Children With Down Syndro...
- Friar Rick posts comments of Apostolic Nuncio in t...
- A Letter to the Bishops of Canada
- Maureen Dowd throws down a challenge in today's Ne...
- Fr. Raymond de Souza (National Post Columnist) add...
- Bishop Frederick Henry (Calgary) addresses the Lah...
- Archbishop Mancini (Halifax & Apostolic Administra...
- Article on the Public Role of Bishops by Archbisho...
- Je me souvien
- The Dickwad Theory
- ▼ October (36)