25 October, 2009
A Letter to the Bishops of Canada
The following letter was sent to each of the Bishops of Canada. Your comments are welcome. ----------------------------------------- Most Holy Excellency, I write to you today as a faithful priest in good standing of the Diocese of Pembroke to ask of you two things. First I wish to bring to your attention a blog that I have begun which I have entitled, "Where the Rubber Hits the Road" which is dedicated to confronting directly many of the major issues of the day that have beset our Church in the wake of the recent sex abuse scandals which have erupted and whose effects are even now being counted in untold numbers of souls lost to the Church. I have posted there three essays of my own ("Virtual Scandal", "Je me souviens", and "The Dickwad Theory") as well as any other articles or postings that I can find where a Bishop has addressed this myriad of crisises. The address for the blog is: http://frtimmoyle.blogspot.com/ Secondly, and more importantly, I implore you to please join the battle for the faith, both within the virtual medium of the internet of in any other forum as you see fit. If you would wish, I will be honored to post a link on my blog to anything that you would offer online in defense of our faith, as I have done with the few letters/posts that you or your brother Bishops have offered to date. For the few examples that I have been able to find, I am extremely grateful. I beseech you please, to join this battle. To date, the virtual world of the internet has been conceded to the forces that are striving to tear down our Church, a fact that is easy to see by simply reading the comment threads on any news site, especially in the wake of the Bishop Raymond Lahey scandal. I am aware that many believe that there is little value in engaging in this fight within the virtual world. I can assure you that from my own experience of receiving telephone calls from people from coast to coast in response to my feeble attempts, that there are souls who are crying out for the voices of the Church to be heard. If my experience is at all typical, then there is much good that can be done in this venue and it is long past time to join the battle. Your voice, as a Bishop needs to ring forth in these forums, especially now that these scandals have touched your own ranks. Please make your voice heard in these terrible times before we find that the forces which beseige us now succeed in cleaving away the majority of souls from our midst. I offer these thought in humble obedience and with respect, as a priest who has taken up the challenge of these times. I pray that soon you will too be found among those who are fighting the good fight, both in the real and virtual worlds. Sincerely in the ministry of Jesus, the Eternal High Priest, Fr. Tim Moyle, p.p. St. Anne's Roman Catholic Church - Mattawa, Ontario Diocese of Pembroke
- American Papist Blog
- American Spectator
- Archbishop Tim Dolan's (NY) Blog
- Big Blue Wave
- Canadian Broadcasting Corporation (CBC News Site)
- Catholic Dialogue Blog
- Catholic Education Resource Center
- Catholic Exchange
- Catholic Heritage Website (Ireland)
- Catholic Insight
- Catholic News Agency
- Catholic Online
- Catholic Sensibility
- Catholic, and Loving It
- CTV News Site
- Ethics and Public Policy Center
- First Things
- Fr. Raymond De Souza - National Post Columnist
- Fr. Raymond deSouza personal blog
- Freethroughthought blog (excellent site)
- Friar Rick's Webblog
- Get Religion.org
- Global TV News Site
- Holy Post - National Post Religious Blog
- Inside Catholic Blog
- New Advent
- Pave the Way Foundation
- Priests for Life Canada Website
- ProLife Blog
- Roman Catholic Diocese of Pembroke
- Rosary for the Bishops
- Salt & Light TV - Canadian Catholic Television Website
- Sandro Magister
- Sane Conservatism
- SoCon (social conservative)
- Sylvia's Website: Canadian Clergy Sex Abuse Cases
- The Catholic Register
- The Hermeneutic of Continuity
- The National Post: Canada's National Daily
- The New Jesuit Review
- The New York Times Website
- Vox Nova
- What Does Prayer Really Say - Priest bolg
- Whispers in the Loggia
- ► 2017 (1277)
- ► 2016 (2020)
- ► 2015 (2204)
- ► 2014 (2437)
- ► 2013 (1381)
- ► 2012 (1527)
- ► 2011 (1437)
- ► 2010 (997)
- Gay man sues Bible publisher for $10 Million
- Canadians have a "right" to health care? Apparent...
- Halloween is NOT condemned by the Vatican
- A proposed discussion
- Reformation Day: An insightful take on Martin Lut...
- Some "home town parish" bragging
- An archive of writings from Bishop Frederick Henry...
- Next Generation of Catholic Leaders
- Archbishop Thomas Collins (Toronto) speaks on the ...
- What is "Evangelical" Catholicism?
- Archbishop Dolan confronts the issue of anti-Catho...
- The ongoing cost of the sex abuse scandals to the ...
- "Beauty" is only skin deep, but at what price.
- Holy See calls for Catholics, clerics and lay alik...
- Archbishop Timothy Dolan (New York) joins the blog...
- Archbishop Currie (St. John's NFLD) writes about t...
- Statistics on sexual abuse by priests, ministers a...
- Monogamy under attack?
- Video of Bishops addressing current issues
- Archbishop Dolan to imitate Cardinal O’Connor, Arc...
- Randy Cohen (New York Times) comments on media cov...
- Excellent blogsite for Canadian/Catholic and Proli...
- Bishop Paul-Andre Durocher addresses the Lahey Sca...
- Charles Lewis (National Post) addresses Maureen Do...
- Canadian Euthanasia Debate
- Can Clergy Sex Abuse Offenders be Helped?
- Conscience, Courage, and Children With Down Syndro...
- Friar Rick posts comments of Apostolic Nuncio in t...
- A Letter to the Bishops of Canada
- Maureen Dowd throws down a challenge in today's Ne...
- Fr. Raymond de Souza (National Post Columnist) add...
- Bishop Frederick Henry (Calgary) addresses the Lah...
- Archbishop Mancini (Halifax & Apostolic Administra...
- Article on the Public Role of Bishops by Archbisho...
- Je me souvien
- The Dickwad Theory
- ▼ October (36)